IP professionals say they anticipate change as a result of the global pandemic, such as: impacts on innovation strategy, a reduction in job security and acceleration of digitization.
1. Half of senior decision makers said COVID-19 has disrupted their innovation strategy.
2. 56% of respondents saying that they are concerned about job security with their current employer as a result of Covid-19
3. 57% of survey respondents said they feel IP services firms have been too slow to embrace emerging digital technologies and business models, compared to service-led organisations in other industries.
4. The varying levels of lockdown and quarantine measures have clearly accelerated the move towards digitization, cited as the most significant change to innovation activity by over half (52%) of respondents.
- Aalbun survey “The State of Play: Intellectual property services in a new and unfamiliar landscape”
- Clarivate survey “Chasing change: Innovation and patent activity during COVID-19”
- The Fellows and Associates survey “what impact has covid-19 had on the intellectual property sector”
#ipdigitization #digitalip #futureofip #innovationstrategy #digitaltransformation
Author: John Pryor Exalt IP